Specialist dental care for children
We provide caring, understanding environments for children and young people to receive their dental care.
Specialised dentistry for children
We work with patients, their families and carers along with other childrens’ services and special schools to provide dental care for children who are unable to receive their dental treatment at a regular family dental practice.
Using behavioural and communication techniques, inhalation sedation or general anaesthetic to facilitate treatment, we work to build confidence to maintain oral health for the future.
We work closely with childrens’ services to provide dental treatment for vulnerable children. Liaising with parents, foster parents, guardians, carers, social workers, school nurses and other support services, we ensure children and their families receive the support needed to maintain their oral health.
Is the child:
- In need or child subject to Child Protection Plan?
- Under care of temporary foster parents?
- Are you their foster parent?
If the answer is yes to any of the above questions, the child may be eligible for treatment by our service. We accept referrals from general dental practitioners and health care professionals. Ask about being referred to us for dental treatment.
Conditions affecting behaviour (paediatric)
We understand that the dental surgery can be a confusing and stressful environment for children with behavioural disorders. Our experienced dental team deliver dental care using behavioural techniques, inhalation sedation and general anaesthesia as necessary.
Has the child been diagnosed with:
- ADHD or autism?
- Delayed emotional development?
If the answer is yes to any of the above questions, the child may be eligible to be treated by our service. We accept referrals from general dental practitioners and health care professionals. Ask about being referred to us for dental treatment.
Many children experience anxiety or at a young age are pre-cooperative which can prevent them from being able to accept dental treatment.
Our dental team have many years’ experience in providing care for nervous children and teenagers. We use behavioural management techniques, inhalation sedation and work to build confidence to accept treatment in the future.
When to use this service...
- Is your child very young children and you regular dentist feels that extractions under general anaesthetic may be required?
- Does your child experience extreme dental anxiety?
- Are they unable to cooperate with routine dental treatment with your regular dentist?
- Do you or someone you care for find it difficult to communicate with those around them?
- Does your/their disability impact on your ability to accept dental care?
- Would they be able to understand and consent to their treatment or would others need to make a decision in their best interest?
- Do you/they require assistance to carry out and maintain oral hygiene?
You may be eligible to be treated by our service. We accept referrals from general dental practitioners and health care professionals. Ask about being referred to us for your dental treatment.
Which Service is Right for you?
Use this simple tool to guide you to more information: